Monday, June 07, 2010

Use my stash year : the Hawaii episode


I found this cute little print on Kauai, perfect for hexagons I'm thinking. And to the right are hand painted batiks - all ocean creatures - that caught my eye. They're charm square size.


Isn't this the cutest store! There were a crazy number of quilts hanging on the walls and from the ceiling. I have a thing for the honu, so I bought the pattern for the turtle applique quilt you can see in the upper left.


This isn't fabric stash, but I wanted to show these cool shirts and bag I found at the Maui Swap Meet on Saturday. I could have bought one of every design they made, but settled for these.


Caleb and Kenton were addiment that I buy this fabric, in two of the three colorways, for pillowcases. I have no idea how they will fall asleep looking at this stuff. I do have to laugh at the surfing ninja and I think that's walking sushi!


Mark liked these - much better.


Aloha

8 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Beautiful fabric!! I do love finding a new fabric store and buying fabric for the stash while I'm on vacation - kind of a neat way to remember a place!

jess said...

Ok I keep reading these posts and I'm like, 'I remember going there, there, there...' but this post, with the quilting shop, has me yearning to go back!!! Thank you for posting all the pics!

Rene' said...

Angela, it looks like y'all are having a great time. Makes me want to go back! I am pretty sure I went to that same quilt shop in Kauai. Very cute shop. Love the fabrics you chose.

Stephanie said...

What great fabrics! I actually really like the fabric your sons picked out, very cool. I'd turn that into hexes too :)

Rebekah said...

that walking sushi fabric is too cute!

Nichole said...

where was the fabric shop you went to? i'm going to kauai next month and would like to find some fabric souvenirs. :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i love that top left fabric! i'm very jealous of your adventures!

onlymehere said...

I just commented on another post about that great turtle quilt! It's applique?!! Oh, now I'm sooooo jealous! I'd love to do a quilt like that. You lucky girl! I think your blog is making me homesick for my missionary son, lol!