Monday, October 08, 2012

Bernina Training Fun!

Tech training at Bernina

All this week I'm in Technical training with the Bernina people.

How much fun is that?! We all have a table full of tools and our own 830s to take apart. Later in the week we move down to their simpler machines and then to surgers.

Super cool meeting all the other people in the morning - I live only 10 minutes away, but everybody else has us nearly covering the ends of the continental US.  Right now I can recall: southern Indiana, Devner, Boston, West Virgina, Washington State, Texas, Michigan, Alaska.....Wow!

Ice cream snack!

I joked that we're on the training class cruise.  They feed us 4 times in the 9 hours we're there, with crazy amounts of food.

Just had to snap a picture of the ice cream cart that was a part of our afternoon snack choices.  I must brag on today's will power to avoid eating any of them. (Because I can't promise I'll last the whole week, and we won't talk about the big piece of fudge chocolate cake I had at lunch.)



11 comments:

Elizabeth Dackson said...

That is so cool, are you learning how to service them???? What an awesome idea!!!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Jealous! Big time.

Auntie Pami said...

Love my girls, just got my 830 and my tech is showing me all kinds of neat things! Isn't BERNINA the best?

Erika Mulvenna said...

So cool! Are you training to work as a Tech at one of the Dealer stores?

LimeRiot said...

How fun!! And how intimidating :)! I'm such a clutz when it comes to fixing anything with tools!!

CitricSugar said...

Oh, have fun!!! My nerd self is so jealous and happy for you!

Also, have an ice cream. :-)

Deb said...

amazing opportunity! how'd you score that gig!!??? are you going to be opening up a dealership?? asking so many questions cause tech training with bernina isn't just an everday normal happening!! details, please!!

Emily said...

Oh I'm so jealous! How is it that you got to go?? I really would love to take some sewing machine repair classes but I have no idea how to get into such a job!

Diane said...

Given all the questions I hope your next post will tell all :)

Diane said...

Given all the questions I hope your next post will tell all :)

Unknown said...



My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!







Java Training Courses